Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used and you can read my full disclosure here.
It is the holiday season and nothing makes me feel like it’s the holiday season more than by giving back. It is the reason for the season isn’t it? Many people try to follow an advent calendar during this time. This one will cost you little to nothing.
I think today’s society has become so focused on receiving and not enough on giving. I love giving to others.
This holiday season; don’t look at giving as one thing on your checklist that you can cross off.
However you do it, make true giving an ongoing mentality. Be an angel to someone this holiday season, simply because it’s the right thing to do.
Don’t let a tight budget be your reason to not brighten someone’s day.
Christmas Advent Calendar
Here are simple ways to give back to others that will cost you little to nothing but will fill your heart with so much joy.
There is one for every day leading up to Christmas Day. Try to do one a day and you will feel so much better about yourself and you may be the catalyst to a chain reaction of people giving back. (Scroll to the end to find a downloadable Advent of Kindness calendar).
If you try any of them or stick to them every day use the hashtag #joatadventofkindness and you could be featured on my Instagram.
- Do something kind for yourself
- Feed Animals (birds, deer, etc.)
- Tell someone you love them
- Tell a joke to make someone smile
- Let someone in front of you in line
- Donate unwanted clothes to charity
- Offer to help someone
- Hold the door open for someone
- Write or send a thank you note to someone
- Give someone a hug or compliment
- Do something unexpected for someone
- Tape some money on a vending machine
- Let a car in front of you in traffic
- Smile at a stranger or two or 15
- Hide a happy note for someone to find
- Pay for a stranger’s coffee
- Donate a Christmas present to charity
- Get in touch with an old relative or friend
- Donate unwanted books to charity
- Smile and thank someone who serves you
- Buy a friend or colleague coffee
- Make a handmade Christmas card
- Give a friend or loved one your full attention
- Give a treat to your postal carrier
- Reflect and record how much joy this season brought you
If you’re looking for some more holiday content, make sure to check out The Ultimate Christmas Movie Bracket. The second round opens tonight at midnight!
If you’re struggling with grief this holiday season, make sure to check out these 5 ways to cope with grief to survive this holiday season.