I was nominated by Sunny and Elissa for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I appreciate the both of you for nominating me for such a positive award. Find Sunny’s blog here and Elissa’s blogs at the links below.
Both of these ladies have been such a huge help. They have given me information to help expand my reach and I’m so excited to put what they taught me into practice.
Sunshine Blogger – Sunny’s Questions
- What is the best part of being a blogger? For me, the best part about being a blogger is being able to be my true self and use my voice. For so long, I felt like I didn’t have a voice or my voice didn’t matter. I’ve realized that I am important and that I truly do matter.
- What is your most difficult blog you have written? The most difficult blog that I have written was my Losing Friends blog. At the time, I had just gone through a difficult friend breakup and it was really hurting me. I needed some closure and decided to write about the situation that I had just gone through.
- If you had a choice of being a color for 2 years what color would that be? & why? I would have to say purple. Purple has been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I love what the color purple stands for and I think I’m ready to stand out.
- If you can change one part of humanity what would you change? I would say that I would like to change how much violence is in the world. I wish we could all coexist peacefully.
- Would you rather be a rock star or movie star? & why? Ideally, I would probably want to be a rock star. They are so carefree and truly being their best selves, or so it seems.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live? I think I would want to live in New Zealand. My friend described the culture from when he went and stayed there for three months and I just fall more in love with the idea every day of living there.
- Who is faster the rabbit or the turtle? I think that the turtle is faster.
- If you were given an hour to be rich what would you do? I think that I would buy myself a new car.
- Describe your most beautiful themed blog in one word. Grief
- Which is better birds or fish? Fish for sure. I am so afraid of birds.
- In one word describe what you want the world to remember you by? Confidence
Sunshine Blogger – Elissa’s Questions
1.) If something is bugging you, do you blog it so it can be released from the inner you? It depends on how much it is bugging me and what subject it is on. Usually, when I think of a blog idea I speak it into my voice memos for a different time. Then when I have time to write I go to the voice memos first and find a topic I feel confident about in that moment.
2.) Do you reread previous blog posts from yourself and realized this is what you needed to hear all along? YES YES YES! I actually had someone point out to me that I was being volatile and that I needed to reread my Volatile Relationships blog and it instantly connected with me.
3.) For those who know you in person and read your blog(s), do they see two different people or the same person?(example you in person is the not the same as the writer in you, or you are the same person in your writings and in person) I honestly have no idea if they view me as a different person. I don’t feel like I am. My blog is just an extension of me.
4.) Do you find yourself reading other people’s blogs instead of watching tv or reading an actual book? I haven’t allowed myself to get to that level. I map out times when I know I want to read or have time to read.
5.) Do you keep a list of your favorite blogs to read? Usually if I follow you WordPress it’s because I want to read your blog regularly.
6.) When you go out to social gatherings do you let people know you’re a blogger or do you save that just for social media? Since I am a fairly new blogger I try to plug my blog in conversations as much as possible.
7.) What is your favorite holiday and why? My favorite holiday would have to be my birthday. It’s not a national holiday but it’s definitely a holiday in my life. I love celebrating another year of life because not many people get that advantage.
8.)If you could be like another blogger, which one would you be and why? I don’t want to be like any other blogger. I love my journey and I’m excited to continue this journey my way.
9.) If you could meet other bloggers, who would you meet? To be honest, I’m not even sure I know who I would want to meet. I’d love to meet all of the bloggers I can.
10.) If a celebrity wanted you to become their personal blogger, would you take the job? It depends on the celebrity, but I feel like I would do it.
11.) What age do people mistaken you by? Most people think I’m still in high school or college. Truth is, I graduated from college three years ago and I’m turning 25 in June.
Sunshine Blogger – My Nominees:
- Justin (Snapshots Made Yesterday)
- Janice (Janice’s Book Reviews)
- Kirsty (Love Popcorn)
- Matthew (Honest Thoughts from a Pastor)
- Natalie (Colour is Simply Art)
- Jamie (Outnumbered by Boys)
- Alex (Extracts of Alex)
- Amber (Adventures of an Oxymoron)
- Allie (The Wonderlust Reader)
- Meili (Meili Fisayo)
- Nicole (Keep Calm it’s Life)
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
- Do you have a post that you hesitated hitting publish on?
- Savory or sweet? Give an example of the perfect snack.
- What is your blogging/post schedule?
- What is your favorite social media platform and why?
- Is there anything you wish you knew before you started your blog, besides the tech stuff?
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
- Did your friends and family give you their support when you started your blog?
- Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards?
- Are you, so far, proud and satisfied with your blog’s progress?
Happy Writing! And congratulations to all that have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!